Saturday, February 13, 2016

Flashbacks

About a year after I started making jewelry, Ice Resin became really big.
Everybody was resinating everything and there were entire mags dedicated to the wonders of the smelly stuff.
 
I too went through a bit of a resin kick, and got to re-visit it this week when my sister's boyfriend commissioned me to make a ring to commemorate her time spent abroad.
 
 
This is what I came up with.
It's a collage of images cut from a couple of Costa Rican bills that he brought back when we he visited this Christmas.
 
This time around, my skill set has increased dramatically and I was able to build the body of the ring, along with the collage.

 
The back says "Pura Vida", Costa Rica's slogan which more or less reads, "The Good Life" in English.
 
I haven't done resin in a while, and I'm not going to lie, it was fun.

 
These were my older attempts at resin work, and yes, they are miniscule. Each little collage only measures about 1" square.
 


 
This was the one he saw her wear that he wanted me to copy.
It's actually a miniature Amsterdam, made from paper cuts.
 
 
Who knew I'd ever visit that again?!



No comments:

Post a Comment